Speed Distortion Effect
What it does
Speed Distortion Effect is a scaling effect to increase the sense of speed and polish in your project, . The package scales any object in the direction of travel, based on the speed. Poisson's ratio is also included to add a more realistic deformation mode to moving objects. Easily control every aspect of the effect, including the way the scale interpolates, to create a custom feel.
How to use:
Simply drag the main script (SpeedDistortion.cs) onto the object you want the affect on. The script will add a Rigidbody2D if one is not present, and will create the parent gameobject required to achieve this affect at runtime, if one if not present.
- Speed Controls: Speed at which maximum and minimum scale is met.
- Scale Control:
- Local Scale : Apply any local scaling here
- Minimum Scale and Interpolation Curve controls the feel of the effect.
- Possion's Ratio: Ratio of perpendicular scaling
- Debug velocity direction
Demo showing effect in use. Includes simple object pool. Toggle button to activate and deactivate the effect.
- Scale object in direction of travel
- Increases sense of speed for physics objects
- Add polish to your project
- Completely customise effect